Monday, March 26, 2007

03.24.2007: Lien and Phong

Venue: Kim Son Ballroom

Well Pink Posh ended the week with a double wedding. I covered Lien and Phong's wedding reception at Kim Son (they had a traditional tea ceremony a few days earlier) and they did such an amazing job with all the details and decorations!!! I think that was the best that venue has ever looked - there were gorgeous flower arrangements, vases filled with cherry blossoms (I HEART CHERRY BLOSSOMS!), fabrics draped from the ceiling with detail lighting throughout the venue. The bride had three dress change (this may seem excessive, but really its quite the norm in asian cultures - I guess any excuse to buy a new dress(es) right girls? Some wedding day notables (as is my usual) - the groom's battle with the champagne bottle in front of 500 guests (the champagne bottle almost won); amazing, touching speeches that had me tearing; the cutest group of aunties I've ever met at a wedding (they had matching outfits even!!!); and of course we can't forget all the different party favors that they had at the wedding! Well Lien and Phong, you guys definitely deserve all the happiness in the world and you threw a beautiful wedding in spite of everything. Congratulations and thanks so much for having us there! (~Mariae & Vince)