Wednesday, April 02, 2008

03.23.2008: Amara and Ali x 2

Venue: Crowne Plaza Hotel

So, I told you that I was lucky enough to cover TWO days of Amara and Ali's Muslim wedding ceremony and reception. The second day, I didn't have to show up at their wedding until 8:30pm. When I showed up Amara was still finishing up dressing and Ali was just chillin' like a villain :oP. So I took the opportunity to do a few groom portraits with him. No aladdin shoes this time, but I guess a suit and tie will do just as well :oP. And Amara wore a beautiful pink bridal lengha - that happened to be pants on the bottom! Sweet! Seriously, how often can you wear pants on your wedding day (well technically, your second...wait, your third wedding day) and noone even knows its pants? The wedding reception in itself was very low key - some eating, a few pictures, and a cake cutting. The best part of Sunday was getting to meet Amara's and Ali's wonderful friends and families again - who I already got to meet and talked to on Saturday! Amara and Ali - congratulations on your marriage. Amara - thank you thank you thank you for finding every which way you could to get me to be there on your wedding day(s)! :) ~Mariae and Marie