Friday, April 04, 2008

03.30.2008: Cayce and Dulce's Engagement

The morning after Carrie's party, I headed from Dallas back to Austin to meet up with Cayce and Dulce's for their e-session. JUST in time. Cayce and Dulce were guests at Audrey's and Keith's wedding and that's how they found out about me!! Stalkers, I have a confession to make. I put my couples' lives in danger for the sake of pictures. It can't be helped. All the cool stuffs are in harm's way. For example, we were chilling out downtown when Cayce mentioned a ranch that his brother owns, not too far away. I figured...why not ditch downtown and get on down to the ranch???!! I much prefer shooting on private property anyways! You are always guaranteed to have landscape no other couple will have! Plus, the images are more personal right? :) When we got to the ranch...I noticed some beautiful horses...and a trampoline. I have been DYING to do a trampoline picture. Have you guys ever seen Grease 2? (It's total cheese I know, but I love that movie!) At the end, during the credit, the actors are jumping on trampoline and doing their poses up in the sky....well...this was what I had imagined for Cayce and Dulce in my head. I kept making them jump. Higher. Higher. Just a little higher....and even though Dulce warned me she couldn't jump as high as Cayce on the trampoline, I still demanded more height. (And, in true militant fashion - commanded them to do tricks in the air.) Well...ummm...seems like Cayce may have done one trick too many in the air. Perhaps he accidentally knocked the wind out of her. There's a possibility that Dulce may have sprained/rolled her ankle. And maybe there were a few tears shed on this shoot. Not to worry...Dulce ended up being just fine. Which meant that I could put her and Cayce in the middle of the road - a supposedly 35mph road - for more pictures. We had just finished up and just made it back to the side of the street, when a car comes roaring down the hill (we were at the bottom of the hill) - and can I add that he was NOT going anywhere close to 35mph. Ummm...yeah. Well, I did mention to them that Audrey and Keith did sit out on a metal chair in the middle of a lightning storm. :oP Cayce and Dulce - besides all the near death experiences, I thought Saturday was pretty fun :)