Monday, October 29, 2007

10.27.2007: Audrey and Keith

Ceremony: St. Mary's Catholic Church

Venue: Austin Club
For Halloween weekend, I decided I was going to go as a wedding photographer. Good thing Audrey and Keith decided they wanted to play along and dress up as the bride and groom. :) Well, Audrey and Keith decided that for the sake of pictures (since they were having an evening wedding) they would do a "first look" and go for daytime pictures before the ceremony around downtown! I LOVE first looks - and I love getting an entire hour with the bride and groom for pictures even MORE! But wait! Audrey and Keith even scheduled 30 minutes for wedding party pictures - preceremony - and everyone showed! I know, I got spoiled this Saturday. I mean really, really spoiled. Audrey looked absolutely lovely in Vera and Stuart Weitzmans! Oh!!! So as you know, I typically give the bride's wedding shoes their own little mini-photoshoot on the wedding day - if time permits. So, on Saturday after the wedding - while we headed downtown for an aftershoot with ghosts and goblins and Power Rangers - Keith asked me to take pictures of his shoes. I looked down at his shoes and saw what I thought were standard black leather dress shoes - and said "Sure" - but what I was really thinking was - "hmmm...weird." Well, turns out that the shoes Keith was wearing belonged to his grandfather who purchased the pair of shoes 59 years ago for his wedding. Keith's dad also wore the same pair of shoes at his wedding!! How wonderful is that?? (Sounds like a plot to a movie right? Keith, you might want to tell Bobby to start working on a treatment for that...) Audrey and Keith, I'm going to have to agree with you guys - it really was a wonderful wedding. But I think any of your guests can tell you that it was the couple that made it all so wonderful. :) Enjoy your honeymoon in Costa Rica!! (~Mariae & Vince)