Tuesday, October 09, 2007

10.07.2007: Mario and Krystal

Ceremony: University of Houston (A.D. Bruce Religion Center)
Venue: Nino's
On Sunday was my first "blind date" wedding. This was the very first time I shot a Pink Posh wedding where I have never had a chance to meet the couple beforehand AND the very first time I shot an entire wedding solo. Well, Krystal and Mario turned out to be sooooooo much fun, laid back and of course a gorgeous couple. The wedding started a little late (the florist arrived five minutes before the ceremony time to start setting up) but it was worth the wait. Krystal and Mario wrote their own vows that had everyone tearing. AND - they set aside an ENTIRE HOUR just for bride and groom pictures. This is a dream for any wedding photographer. There's no rush and I got the time to think about what sort of images I wanted to do for them! Of course at the first setup, there was a sudden downpour right before I started shooting - so we had to hightail it inside. But we got through it and they were such champs!!! So onto the day's notables: 1) Krystal got really sick at the wedding :( and even though the couple was MIA for a while (so she could recover) all the guests waited for them. Their guests were awesome that way! 2) The couple had a beautiful choreographed first dance (check out the dip/kiss in the pictures) and finally 3) The really fierce UH Cougar. AND YES, I did stick their wedding rings in cake. :oP Krystal and Mario, congratulations and enjoy your honeymoon in San Francisco :)