Sunday, September 16, 2007

09.15.2007: Heather and Rob

Ceremony: Balcones Springs
Venue: Balcones Springs
Florist: Society Finch
Makeup: Hues by Heather
Hair: Louis Lopez for The Upper Hand Salon
Yesterday rocked! Seriously. (Yes, I know I say this almost every week - but really, every single one of our wedding kick a**!!) We headed out to Balcones Springs yesterday for Heather and Rob's much anticipated wedding. Most of the guests were already there, as they started celebrating on Friday evening (complete with campfire and s'mores!). The morning of the wedding, the bride ziplined across Lake Ted (myself, I would have waited until AFTER the wedding to do something like that - okay, who am I kidding, I'm not that physical!) while other guests went "blobbing." Do you guys know what blobbing is? I just learned this yesterday. Wait, before I got any further, guests had to sign a liability waiver before participating in any of the wedding events - isn't that an indication that someone, somehow will get hurt??!! Apparently, blobbing (according to Wikipedia) is the act of one person launching another into the air and then water by jumping off a dock or tower onto a large floating air mattress. I heard most people didn't escape this event without some sort of war scar! But...besides all the crazy wedding events going on - I have to talk about the details. This wedding was seriously a dream to shoot with all the exquisite details! Monique Lhuillier wedding gown. Kate Spade shoes. Chinese lanterns EVERYWHERE. Dahlias, dahlias and more dahlias. Finger curls. French net - (remember Heather's bridal session?). Harley. Plus, as if all that was enough - PERFECT LIGHT at the ceremony. (Heather, you're my hero). WAIT! That's not all - yesterday's special also included an afterparty featuring the SPAZMATICS who taught guests the proper SAFE technique of dancing. It was all about the learning at this wedding people! And, I couldn't help but wonder all night - where can you even find an orange tuxedo with ruffles??! Well, Heather+Rob, congratulations and you know we heart you guys. P.S. I probably don't need to tell you guys this and you've probably heard this all weekend...but you know you were rockin' the casbah. rock the casbah. the shareef don't like it. rockin' the casbah. :oP (~Mariae and Vince)