Friday, January 11, 2008

01.05.2008: Julie and Sean

Ceremony: St. Helen's Catholic Church
Reception: Kim Son
Venue Designer: Prestige Events
Wedding Gown: La Sposa

Happy 2008 everyone!! :) We kicked off our 2008 super, super, super EARLY!! (I'm talking waking up at 5 a.m. to get to the bride's getting ready at 7 a.m.) Just so you know, this was not a normal wedding day - unless you're Asian :oP! Julie and Sean had three ceremony plus a reception on their wedding day (16 hours!) - and I admit she wasn't my favorite person when I woke up that morning. But she is a girl after my own heart - yes, it may be hard to believe, but I'm not the only one chasing a double espresso with a red bull. The morning started over at Julie's house for her hair/makeup - then over to her mom's house for the first part of the tea ceremony - followed by a mini reception. Then back to the groom's house for the second part of the tea ceremony - followed by a mini reception. Yes, there was a lot of eating going on. Then off to the church for their ceremony so that Sean can marry lovely Julie after 11 years of dating! So onto the day's notables: Julie and Sean breaking the piggy bank open (see picture below) for parking money. The groom's sister (whose wedding I shot last March) is now pregnant and absolutely glowing!! Congratulations Lien and Phong!! :) Kim Son looking amazing, amazing, amazing. I didn't think it could look like that! Seriously, if you are getting married at Kim Son, you girls/guys need to look up Prestige Events and have them deck out the venue! And finally...my first photobooth! It was such a huge hit! (Brides, if you are thinking about this and don't know if it would go over well with an older crowd - let me just confirm that they LOVED LOVED IT!). Julie and Sean, I hope you guys are having a marvelous time on your well deserved honeymoon!! (~Mariae & Vince)