Monday, April 30, 2007

04.28.2007: Kristin and Colin

Ceremony: St. Mary's Catholic Church
Reception: Heimsath Farm

This weekend we covered Kristin and Colin's wedding in Fayetteville, Texas! I walked into the hall where the girls were getting hair/makeup done while listening to a mixture of musicals! (I heart musicals so to hear this playing when I first walked in was a sure indication that the wedding was going to be a blast!). The girls sang to RENT and Avenue Q, while getting their makeup done - and I have to say that their makeup artist(s) was so patient with them (especially when they paused in the makeup application so the girls can belt out a line from Rent - I would have probably tore my hair out in frustration! :oP). So, Kristin and Colin decided to do a "first meeting" before the ceremony and since they left me in charge of the meeting, I chose the longest pathway I could find for the bride to walk down to see her husband-to-be. It was a really sweet sight, even though Kristin was practically trying not to run down the lane toward Colin who I made turn his back (this was inspired by last Sunday's wedding) so that he wouldn't see her until his best man turned him around. So onto my list of notables from the wedding day: Colin walked Kristin down the aisle. Let me rephrase that in case you didn't get the significance of that last statement. The Groom walked the Bride down the aisle. Interactive sermon. A mini-concert in the middle of the wedding ceremony. Ringing of the bells - church bells and dinner bell. The groom dancing with the family dog. And the piece de resistance -the groom piggybacking his bride out to the car during the exit. Kristin and Colin, congratulations..and yes, this does mean you are grown up now. :) (~Mariae, Hali & Paul)