Sunday, August 12, 2007

08.11.2007: Alice and Long

Ceremony: Christ of the Incarnate Word
Venue: The Junior League of Houston
It is super super late (or early in the morning) now but I couldn't wait to write about Alice and Long's wedding last night!!! They exchanged vows yesterday in a church that the bride's dad architected! The day started at Hotel Icon where the girls were getting ready and also where I got to meet my first blog stalker of the day :) She and I share the same birthday - YAY for July 6th (in case anyone wanted to send me a late present...I'm still accepting :oP). Anyways, the girls were sooooo cute decked in pearls, matching monogrammed PJs and embroidered overnight bags that Alice got for them. (I know I mention this at every wedding - but I really, really, really do want to be a bridesmaid!!!) Alice looked absolutely fabulous - starting from top to bottom -she wore a delicate, spidery-weblike and crazy long Reem Acra veil, a gorgeous beaded Amsale wedding gown and Christian LaCroix shoes. AND this was just outfit 1 of 3. And what can I say about Long...he's one lucky guy :oP So onto the day's notables. Wedding colors: Salmon, Blue and Pink. I have to admit when Alice first mentioned this, I think I said "interesting." But it looked fabu!! Instant Photo Favors (which meant we got a break while watching others work!!) Details, details, details!!! Gobo on the dance floor! Bridesmaids' bouquets with crystal monograms. A caricature artist - a Pink Posh first! Karaoke - which meant an "awesome" Backstreet Boys performance. Even the groom got in on the karaoke action and serenaded his bride! And last but not least, my favorite part of the evening - meeting my blog stalkers! Normally, I meet one or two at a wedding (who admits to stalking the blog)...but I think at this wedding, I had at least 5 guests who came up to me tonight to let me know they stalk my blog. Is it wrong of me to heart my stalkers?! Because I do! Anyways, Alice and Long, you guys threw a beautiful, beautiful wedding and enjoy Egypt :) P.S. : To all my blog stalkers : Did I mention yet that I HEART you ladies?! (~Mariae & Vince)