Tuesday, August 28, 2007

08.25.2007: Justin and Serrai

Ceremony: St. Timothy's Catholic Church (Laguna Nigel)
Venue: Hilton at Costa Mesa
Welcome to the family Serrai! This past Saturday we welcomed a new FIRST cousin into our family. I was in Southern California as an invited guest with a super fancy camera. :) Which meant EXPERIMENTATION time and I get to blog from a guest's point of view!! And what a beautiful wedding! The morning started with an early morning drive for me from San Diego to Laguna Nigel (in my convertible! Can't be in Southern California without one!) where Serrai was getting hair and makeup done by Tiffany (update: she cut my hair by the way!). Three limos came to take the bridal party and family to the church. I really just took it easy and sat with my family. The advantage - an awesome unobstructed view of the bride and groom! A rare glimpse into the wedding ceremony (instead of from my usual stance in the back of the church!). After that (since I didn't have to direct formal pictures) I got a chance to just hang around and enjoy everything! I did get in a few shots of the bridal party - hard to resist when Serrai had parasols and everyone looked soooooooooo gorgeous (and no, I'm not biased because I have cousins in the wedding party!) Okay, onto the notables. After about 30 straight weddings, I finally had a cocktail - a yummy pomegranate signature drink. I got to dance - without a camera! I wore a DRESS to a wedding - AND it wasn't black! And most importantly, I got to shoot whatever I wanted, however I wanted, without worry that I was missing a shot! (Okay, those notables were all about me!) But really, you could tell how well loved Justin and Serrai was. The turnout for the wedding was amazing. The guests danced all night. There were about 5 last dance songs and countless friendship circles. Serrai and Justin, congratulations - we are seriously, seriously sooooooooooo happy for you guys :) Serrai, what a wonderful addition you make to our family :) (~Mariae)