Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pink Posh Brides: Melissa

So, I know I haven't blogged all that often in February (but with Mardi Gras in New Orleans/Biloxi as well as celebrating Lunar New Year) I haven't shot all that much wedding related items. BUT, thist past Saturday, I met up with Melissa for her bridals! (So, Justin, if you are accidentally reading this before the wedding, you need to "X" out of this site!) Soooooooo...Saturday was oodles of fun! Melissa showed up in a Priscilla of Boston wedding gown (yes, it is a gorgeous gown!) and even though the bridal salon lady told her NOT TO TAKE OUTDOOR BRIDALS - apparently the lady didn't realize Melissa was doing bridals with me! :oP But if I can shoot a Vera Wang gown outside at a junkyard, this was a piece of cake. :) Everyone at the hotel thought Melissa was the bride getting married that day (the DJ even came and introduced himself - the real bride was in the spa so we got to pretend to be her and her photographer for a while). Near the end of the shoot, Melissa and I even concocted a made for tv plan of having her stop the ceremony by running down the aisle in her wedding dress during the couple's exchange of their wedding vows. While Melissa was doing that, my job was to photograph the crowd's reactions - but turns out we'll all talk :oP. Melissa - I can't wait for your "destination" wedding and thanks for letting me post your bridals on the blog so my stalkers can know that I haven't been slacking off!! And Melissa's mom - thank you so so so much for being my lighting assistant!!! :) You ladies rock :)