Friday, February 29, 2008

Pink Posh Just Because: Kevin and Melissa

Well, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I had three shoots this past weekend while I was in Dallas. My very last one of the weekend was a not quite engaged session for Kevin and Melissa. At first I was stumped on what to call this session. Several of my friends suggested calling it a "Take a Hint" session - but I decided after long thought that this was a perfect "Just Because" session. Kevin and Melissa have been dating for five years now and she mentioned that they never had pictures professionally (ha ha - I'm a professional! Woohoo!) taken yet. I was thrilled she asked me because we totally clicked when we first met! (Stalkers, if you're trying to figure out why Melissa looks familiar, she was one of the bridesmaid at Piper and Tony's wedding). We went back and forth a while about the kind of "look" she wanted for the session -mainly something very modern and structural (she's a graphic designer after all!) so where should we end up but at Tribute Golf Course - which replicates some of the most famous link courses in Scotland. Not quite modern right? But Kevin loves golf so it worked out after all! Melissa, be thankful you do not have an 8 foot golf net in the middle of your living room...and your living room sofa in your dining room - YET. Kevin and Melissa - what an interesting Sunday right? Animals in the rough. Dodging tournament players. Sinking in the mud. And finally sitting in the middle of the only exit out of the golf club. You guys rock. We should do this again sometime! :)