Monday, May 21, 2007

05.19.2007: Shannon and Landon

Ceremony: Tomball Bible Church
Reception: Telge Road Hall
It was an early start for us this weekend...well, for Mariae anyway. She had to cover Shannon's getting pretty session at 8am since I pulled the "I'm pregnant" card. I can't be on my feet all day, now can I?? I met up with Shannon at church in the afternoon. If Shannon looked familiar, that's because we covered her sister Sarah's wedding back in February. I kept on calling Shannon "Sarah" all day...good thing her mom did too - but man they look alike!!! Shannon had an all white theme wedding (her favorite color)...a white bouquet (well, almost white bouquet after she took out all the unnecessary greeneries), painted white trees, and a beautiful white cake. I was waiting for the DJ to play the song "White Wedding" but the wedding was more country than rock. This wedding definitely have a lot of Pink Posh's first: bride's hair was too big to go through her dress--which gave me a lot of photo opportunities; ropes tying ceremony; ginormous sword used to cut the cake; guests taking turn dancing in front of big industrial fans--don't ask; and an early exit!! What can I say, the bride and groom wanted to get a headstart on married life :) Oh yeah, and they get to be in the running for best school spirit! Landon is in the Corp and although they didn't go "Aggie color crazy"...they did have the best Aggie War Hymn performance :) Shannon + Landon, we heart you too. And Becky, two down and one more to go...we'll see you in six years!! (Hali, Paul and Vince)