Monday, March 31, 2008

03.21.2008: Kasey and Britt


Ceremony: Nature's Point
Venue: Nature's Point


Finally, Kasey and Britt's wedding! I have been really looking forward to posting Kasey+Britt's wedding out at Nature's Point - and as you may notice later when you view the images, I sorta went overboard with the amount of images I decided to post! Kasey had soooo many incredible details at her wedding, it was hard to choose just a few images to blog about! So, Kasey and Britt also had a destination wedding in Austin - they actually live in the Fort Worth/Dallas area - brides+grooms, I'm telling you (you = H+N)...Austin is THE PLACE for your wedding (*hint* hint*). This was actually our FIRST visit out to Nature's Point and it's absolutely beautiful out there. Kasey wore a beautiful Rivini gown and the groom was dressed in a chocolate pin striped tux. And, I ADORE the ringbearer's outfit! It's so Martha/Ralph Lauren. So onto the day's notables! :) 1.) Kasey and Britt decided to knock out all their formals BEFORE the ceremony - which meant FIRST LOOK! Stalkers, you know how much I love love love first looks! I think all photogs do actually. Check this out - after the ceremony, Kasey and Britt didn't do a single formal picture - they went and sat down and had cocktails with their friends and families! You know that's rare! 2.) I bubble heart the ringbearer, the flower girls and Coco! 3.) Rodeo and Barrel Racing! Kasey's a star. :) I want to get her to barrel race in her wedding dress so I can snap some pictures! 4.) The bridesmaid who can't stop posing when she senses a camera nearby. She even poses for the camera when she's fixing her hair at the end of the night!! She told us she couldn't help herself - she is determined never to have a bad picture! And finally, numero 5! (It's a doosy!) Cake. Or...lack of a cake. Yups. The cake never showed up. Kasey took it very well (in fact, she said...if that's the worst thing that happens...thats not too bad! Britt, you got quite a lady there!). For a while, I was running around the venue looking for the cake - I finally asked Hali if I was the only person not able to figure out where the *heck* the cake was at! Apparently, it was at the cake shop - still in the form of flour and eggs. Oops. But, Nature's Point staff were such rockstars! They quickly baked Kasey+Britt a small sheet cake, decorated it...and I thought it was absolutely perfect. Way to save the day! :) Kasey and Britt - your wedding was absolutely beautiful and touching and just stellar in every way...even with the tiny hiccup in the midst of it. :) Thank you for sharing it with us. ~Mariae and Hali